Our 20 Hours Policy
Nannies Plus extends Ministry of Education’s 20 ECE hours to families with children aged between 3, 4 and 5 years. Eligibility criteria apply. Please free to contact us or visit the link below from the Ministry of Education regarding 20 hours ECE on their parent’s website
Other eligibility criteria:
- You nanny must work minimum number of hours per week (call us to find out more).
- applies to all children aged 3-5 years old.
- When there is only one child of this age group enrolled with a nanny, then a minimum enrolment will apply of at least 1 more hour than claimed through 20 hours ECE.
- Also in relation to the Policy, the child’s attendance must match their enrolment, or frequent absence rules will apply. If you cannot meet these criteria then we will not be able to offer 20 hours ECE. The fee (the nanny’s wage) will only apply to the extra hours over and above the 20 Hours ECE and not applied to the 20 hours ECE.
- You need to ensure that you have a fully fenced property or a fenced area for your child/ren to play safely outdoors.
- Child safety kit must be provided in every house.
- The child’s attendance must match their enrolment, or frequent absence rules will apply.
The Nannies Plus Education Programme
Our comprehensive early childhood education programme is based on the Ministry of Education’s Te Whariki principles. As part of this programme, every child between the age of 0 and 5 years of age, under a nanny’s care for a certain minimum hours a week, is provided an individualised learning programme at no additional cost.
The nanny is supported in delivery of this programme by a visiting teacher, who helps by providing ideas and resources that will enhance the learning of the child. These learnings are recorded in a child’s learning journal. Families are expected to contribute to this journal, and over time it becomes a handy and memorable guide for your child’s development over the years.
Work & Income Childcare Subsidies
Nannies Plus is also a Work & Income approved service provider. Families must be enrolled with our nanny service to access this subsidy. This childcare subsidy is available to children from 0-5 years of age. Families will need to contact Work & Income to assess their eligibility under this scheme and apply for the subsidy.
You may be entitled to other government subsidies such as those for Multiple Birth. Nannies Plus is approved to extend these government-funded subsidies to you of you meet the eligibility criteria.